Accessible, concise, and clinically focused, Essentials of Pain Medicine, 4th Edition, by Drs. Honorio T. Benzon, Srinivasa N. Raja, Scott M. Fishman, Spencer S. Liu, and Steven P. Cohen, presents a complete, full-color overview of today?s theory and practice of pain medicine and regional anesthesia. It provides practical guidance on the full range of today?s pharmacologic, interventional, neuromodulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options for the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of persons in pain.
- Covers all you need to know to stay up to date in practice and excel at examinations ? everything from basic considerations through local anesthetics, nerve block techniques, acupuncture, cancer pain, and much more.
- Uses a practical, quick-reference format with short, easy-to-read chapters.
- Presents the management of pain for every setting where it is practiced, including the emergency room, the critical care unit, and the pain clinic.
- Features hundreds of diagrams, illustrations, summary charts and tables that clarify key information and injection techniques ? now in full color for the first time.
- Includes the latest best management techniques, including joint injections, ultrasound-guided therapies, and new pharmacologic agents (such as topical analgesics).
- Discusses recent global developments regarding opioid induced hyperalgesia, addiction and substance abuse, neuromodulation and pain management, and identification of specific targets for molecular pain.